This post is being written selfishly for me as I am sick with the flu again! My immune system is dire and as soon as someone sneezes I know it’s game over. As we are slowly making our way from autumn into winter. I thought it would be a good idea to write a blog post that will hopefully give us all a little push to protect our bodies, and who doesn’t want to be a little bit healthier? Anyway enough of me rambling on, let’s begin.
- Get enough sleep! Studies state that if you are aged between 18-64 years the recommended sleep should be between 7-9 hours. Well you don’t have to tell me twice, I like to think of myself as the modern sleeping beauty. By going to bed early and having a full night’s rest this will allow your body to recuperate and you will be ready for the day ahead.
- Breakfast I must admit I do not eat breakfast…yet. It is a known fact that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So head over to local food shop and stack up on those cereals.
3. Herbal tea I don’t really know how I feel about herbal tea, I have a love hate relationship with it. But the benefits of drinking herbal tea are meant to be amazing. By drinking herbal tea you will supposedly shed of the pounds, fight off the flu and have a good night sleep.
4. Exercise It is recommended that you exercise everyday for 20-30 mins. I am going to be realistic with this one because there is nothing I love more than getting into bed and watching Netflix. Let’s say 4 times a week.
5. Vitamins I have tried to take vitamins in the past but I always forget to take them or the placebo effect would get me and I would start feeling weird (maybe I am a bit of a drama queen). I’ve decided to try again with some vitamins called Repair and Revitalise. They are meant to help you feel good everyday with beautiful hair, skin and nails. I am going to give them a go and see how they work. They will be linked on my Instagram if you want to try them.
6. Fruit and Veg 5 a day people, you know the drill.
7. Meditate I am really really excited about this one. I have never meditated before but I plan to meditate for 10 minutes every night before I go to bed. The idea is to unwind, shut down your brain and relax. I have attached a meditation for beginners guide for those that want to join in.
8. Drink water the recommended amount of water to drink per day is 2L. If you buy a bottle at the beginning of every day you will be able to finish it in no time.
9. Balanced diet I AM NOT a nutritionist because I love Mac Donald’s, so I can’t really advise on this. But the plan is not to eat junk food and eat carbs and fat in moderation. I plan to eat lots of protein, meat and brown rice.
10. Go on holiday Yes Yes Yes No matter what job you do or how hard you work, everyone deserves a holiday. Holidays give you some relaxation time. So by the time you come back you are more motivated than ever.
I will be doing this for the next month and reporting back. Why not join in with me and see if it makes a difference in your life.
Love Demi Enchanted