On Thursday 11th January I had the pleasure of being invited to the official launch of Yikes Kitchen. On arrival, my sister and I were met with drinks and sat down at a table with some lovely bloggers. The menu had been sent to me beforehand so it is safe to say that I was bursting with excitement to try the food.
Before I begin I would like to give you a bit of background knowledge surrounding Yikes Kitchen. Yikes is dedicated to providing the best quality food at a very affordable price. Their aim is to provide quality chef-made meals to your dinner table.
The idea to deliver quality, hearty dinners to your door is absolute genius and has not been done properly in North London. This unique vision can only do well as there is a huge gap in the market for delicious, quality take-aways. When I think of getting a take-away, which seems like every other day. The choices are always the same … pizza, Chinese or Indian however, with the carefully selected menu by Yikes Kitchen and food cooked by a professional chef, this will definitely be the new craze for take-away and I cannot wait to see it flourish.
So let’s get onto the tasters menu…
- Bruschetta with crispy Halloumi– who doesn’t love Bruschetta? It was the perfect starter and extremely delicious. I loved the fact that it was topped with halloumi it was a lovely touch to a gorgeous starter.
- Sweetcorn soup– I’ve never had or heard of sweetcorn soup so I was very eager to try it and I am so glad I did. It was unreal! The sweetcorn was not overpowering and the consistency of the soup was perfect. It was filling and is a perfect starter for a cold winter night.
- Jerk chicken burger– The jerk burger was absolutely exquisite and I am ordering it as soon as Yikes Kitchen delivery is live! The chicken was soft and tender and the plantain was a tasty extra in the burger. I would recommend this to everyone and anyone.
- Lamb Kotfe and Couscous– I must admit I am not a big lover of lamb but I really enjoyed this dish. This would be perfect for anyone who is trying to eat healthy but doesn’t have the time to cook. I thoroughly enjoyed this meal and would order it again.
- Bruised short ribs of beef with creamy mash– By far my favourite dish of the night. I was blown away! I wish I had two helpings because it was divine. The beef was soft and succulent. The mash was creamy and accompanied the beef so well and I can’t even begin to describe how mouth-watering the gravy was (sorry mum, it was better than yours).
- Hazelnut chocolate tart and Eton mess- Both were the perfect treat to finish off an amazing taster menu. I cannot fault the desert in any way, it was delightful and I will most certainly be ordering both again.
Overall, I was extremely impressed and so stuffed with food that I literally could not move. It was an amazing night and an honor to meet the chefs. The launch was extremely well organised, with 5 star food and a goodie bag was provided at the end (it doesn’t really get much better than that does it).
Yikes kitchen has officially launched today! From Thursday 18th January and Friday 19th January there is 50% off all orders eat in and take away. Please try the amazing food for yourself if my post hasn’t persuaded you enough. I will link their website and menu for you to have a little browse and order. I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on their full menu.
love Demi Enchanted