Some of you might think i’m crazy but I am a big believer in signs. I believe that the universe sends us little signs to point us in the right direction. Lately I have been feeling a little lost. I have recently come out of a two year relationship. I have also been at my current job for three years and I just feel a little deflated. I have been trying to work out my next move but not too sure which direction to take.
Then all of a sudden, I started to see the saying;
Live your best life
At first I thought it was a coincidence, but the more I started to hear/see it I am convinced it is a sign. I first saw this statement on Twitter, which I admit is no surprise. Then a few days later I was on the bus to work and a group of girls my age were chatting when out of nowhere, one of the girls turned to her friend and said “are you living your best life”. Which ultimately got me thinking, am I living mine?
Then about a week later I went to a friend’s house and out of the corner of my eye there was a magazine on the floor and the front page said ‘Live your best life’. Now that I had seen/heard this saying a few times, I noticed it straight away and smiled. It wasn’t until I went for a meeting this week with a client from work that it finally hit me. It was 7 pm and we were waiting for the meeting to begin. One of my clients were chatting away about her recent holiday to the Maldives (very jel). One of my other clients must have overheard and said “well we can all see you’re living your best life” and that is when it clicked. Some of you will think it is a coincidence but I think it’s a sign, its time for me to switch it up and start living my best life.
To make sure that I am not going crazy I googled it (yes, google is the answer to everything) and guess what guys, I am not going mad. The universe sending you signs is a thing and it all leads back to the law of attraction.
It’s so easy to get caught up with life that we end up in situations that make us unhappy or jobs that make us miserable. But not anymore, it’s time to go after what we want, it’s time to live our best life.
Universe, you don’t have to tell me twice. This is exactly what I am going to do.
Love Demi Enchanted
So you’ve changed your mind-set at work. You’ve started going in earlier and making an effort. You spoke to your boss about your concerns and nothing has changed. You even tried to make friends with your colleagues and you have come to the conclusion that they are all dryyy.
The decision has been made and you need to get out of there, time to get you that dream jobbbbb!
- Let’s start with the basics, what do you want to do? take as long as you need to decide because once you do, you are going to have to do everything it takes to get this job. Don’t worry if you haven’t got the experience, we will get to that in later blog posts.
- If you are still struggling with what you would like to do, do not threat. Think about what you enjoy doing or what you think you are good at. Ask your family and friends what they could they see you doing? meet new people, do some research. Google every job you are interested in, yes even if you want to be an astronaut google the hell out of it.
- If money is an issue then work as much as possible at your current job and in your spare time focus all your energy on your future, only you can make this happen.
- You already know that your current job isn’t for you so you are half way there. Rack your brains until you finally decide and once you’ve made this decision get excited because we are going to get you this job.
Next post will be on -How to get your dream job.
Love Demi Enchanted
This is going to be my first post on happiness! When I mean happy I mean super, super happy in all aspects of life… let the games begin.
This month I will be focusing on work work work work work. This seems fit as we spend most of our lives working away, so let’s start there. There are them lucky little souls that absolutely love their job, jump out of bed and rush to work. Then there are the normal people… only playing, but there are others that drag their feet to work and dread every second of it. So for the whole of August I will be focusing on how to be happy in your job or how to get the hell out of there. Whichever one you decide to do, you will feel better and happier for it.
So… how to be happy at work
Step 1- Try to identity the reason why you are unhappy at work. Is it the job role? The people? waking up at 7.00am everyday (I feel you on this one). Write a list of all the reasons you can think of in order to identity the problems.
Step 2– Now that we know all of the issues, we now have something to work with. If the problem is the job role, you might want to discuss this with you manager and see if you can pass this to someone else or you could consider applying for a different role within the company.
- If you are purely working for money and hate your job completely then just focus on all the money that you are making. If you are enthusiastic and work harder there is always a possibility for a pay rise or to be promoted.
- If you hate the people, try getting to know your colleagues. You have to work with these people day in day out, there must be something you have in common. If you’ve honestly tried everything and you still can’t stand them try to see if you can be transferred to somewhere else. Remember you always have options.
Step 3– Forget about work and focus on what you love to do outside work. what is your favourite hobby? what makes you extremely happy? Whilst you are in work, think about what you plan to do when you finish. If you focus enough on what you love doing, you could make this your full-time job one day!
I used to hate working, like the whole idea of getting up and having to actually talk to others killed me. I don’t have my dream job yet but as long as I make this my end goal, the jobs I do along the way will be the stepping stones to something greater.
So change your attitude, focus on you and keep pushing for your dream job. We will get there in the end.
Love Demi Enchanted